CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PURCHASE OF AN ALLIED LITHIUM BATTERY! THIS IS A WONDERFUL UPGRADE AND BELOW ARE SOME COMMON QUESTIONS TO GET YOU STARTED.
DO I NEED TO CHARGE MY BATTERY BEFORE FIRST USE?
Yes, charge the battery to 100% before first use.
WHAT PORT DOES MY STATE OF CHARGE COMM PORT METER PLUG-IN TO?
The input labeled RS-485 on the battery.
HOW LOW CAN I DISCHARGE THE BATTERY?
We recommend discharging no less than 20% on the State-of-Charge meter to maintain battery life and eliminate the risk of being stranded with a low voltage battery.
SHOULD I CHARGE MY BATTERY EVERY TIME I USE IT?
Yes, lithium batteries operate most effectively when charged to 100% after every use. You play a round of golf and come home, place it on charge. You take your cart to dinner and come home, place it on a charge.
DO I NEED TO POWER THE BATTERY OFF AFTER EVERY TRIP?
No, the battery can stay powered on, however if you do not plan on using the cart for 5 or more days see short term storage section below.
WHERE DO I REGISTER MY WARRANTY?
Your battery has an 8-Year Warranty and is handled directly with Allied Battery. Warranty registration is only to be completed by the end-user / owner of the application and not the re-seller / dealer. This Warranty only applies to the original end-user / application owner of the product and is not transferable to any other person or entity. Warranty registration must be completed within 30 days of end-user purchase date to be valid.
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE ALLIED BLUETOOTH APP?
Your battery has an industry-leading Bluetooth function that allows you to see the State-of-Charge, cell performance and other key metrics. Download the Allied Battery app on your iPhone or Android by using the QR codes below or searching "Allied Battery" on your app store.
HOW DO I STORE MY BATTERIES?
FOR SHORT TERM STORAGE, OVER 5 DAYS:
Charge the battery to 100% (Until green light shows on charger), unplug the charger and press the blue power button to the off position.
FOR LONG TERM STORAGE, OVER 8 WEEKS:
- Make sure the key is off and cart is in tow mode.
- Charge the cart to 100% (Until green light shows on charger) then unplug charger.
- Press the blue power button on the battery to the off position.
- If you have a 48V / 12V converter connected to your batteries, we recommend disconnecting it from the batteries to prevent any drainage from your accessories.
- Allied offers a quick disconnect 48V / 12V converter for this purpose, as it will eliminate the need to remove the converter from battery, instead you simply disconnect the accessories from converter with the quick-snap plug.
- Allied also offers 400A and 600A solenoids which disconnect the 48V devices from the battery (motor, controller, converter, etc.) and is very effective for long-term snowbird storage. Batteries gradually self-discharge during transit and storage.- Batteries in storage should be given a boost charge when they are below 60% SOC.
DO I LEAVE MY CHARGER PLUGGED IN DURING STORAGE?
No, for regular use or when in storage avoid leaving batteries unattended while being charged or charging overnight. Once the indicator shows the battery has been fully charged (Green Light on Charger) disconnect charger.