Allied Battery Dash Mounted Battery Monitor
Before installing, please make sure the key switch is off and the cart is in tow mode
1. Please keep cart in tow mode or remove the negative terminal to disconnect the circuit
2. Determine desired position to mount LCD display where extension cable can reach the shunt to be mounted in battery compartment
3. Use 2-1/8th hole saw to cut a hole in desired position.
4. Secure LCD display in hole, using the metal bracket included with attached wing nut.
5. Connect provided cable from back of LCD and route the other end through the cart back to the battery compartment.
SOC Shunt Installation
1. Take the red positive lead wire and carefully strip the end by approximately 1/4"
2. Use a mini flat head screwdriver and insert the stripped end of the red positive lead wire into either one of the small green “+” terminals on the shunt.
3. Install the shunt, “B-“ side flush with the main negative terminal. Use the provided bolt with the washer and lock washer on top. No other connections can be on “B-“
4. Attach the small positive lead eyelet to the same positive terminal on the battery.
5. Connect your other parallel connections, and negative charger connection to the “P-“ on the shunt. Reverse the bolt so the head side is down and the washer, lock washer and nut are on top.
Note:It is important to install your highest, current drawing cables (larger gauge) facing the terminal directly and installing the smaller drawing cables (smaller gauge) furthest from the battery terminal.
6. Connect the parallel positive cables to the positive terminal install the highest drawing cables (larger gauge) facing the terminal directly and installing the smaller drawing cables (smaller gauge) furthest from the battery terminal.
7. Ensure all connections are clean of corrosion, they are tight and secure. Note: Loose cables can affect your overall performance negatively.
8. Attach provided extension cable from LCD display in your dash and connect it directly to the shunt.
**Please make sure your system is fully charged before programing. **
1. Press “A/Ah” button to activate SOC.
2. Make sure you are on “Ah” settings not “A”
3. Hold “A/Ah” button for 3 seconds, until flashing
4. Using the left and right arrows, set you amp hour rating with the set purchased. (ie: 60, 72, 90, 105, 108, 144, 120, etc)
5. Press and hold “A/Ah” to save
6. For accurate % reading, after charging, press and hold the “%” button for 3 seconds. This will reset the meter to 100%