My name is Steve O’Hara and I am the Florida Central/East Regional Sales Manager in the U.S. for Allied Lithium Battery. I’ve been fortunate to be involved with the Club Car product for all my adult life. As a Life Member of the PGA, I have had Club Car fleets at the courses I was employed at along with several 100+ member’s private Club Cars as well.
It’s that time of the year when our up north friends return to enjoy the great outdoor weather that Florida has to offer whether you’re playing golf or just cruising the neighborhood in your electric vehicle. Below are some local tips for when you return to ensure your time out on the golf course or neighborhood is trouble free.
Tips before heading out for a ride!
1. Check the tire pressure for proper inflation and dry rot on the side of the tires.
2. Tighten the lug nuts to make sure they aren’t loose.
3. Tighten roof supports and canopy top bolts to prevent constant rattling.
4. Rinse off the tops of the batteries to remove dirt and grime.
5. If still using lead acid, make sure the battery terminals are tightened down. Sometimes they will loosen up over time.
6. Make sure you have enough water covering the lead plates in your lead acid batteries.
7. Be sure to recoat the terminals with a terminal spray if you are still using lead acid batteries.
8. Grease all grease fittings located on the front end of the car.
If your lead acid batteries are between 3 and 5 years old, they may need to be replaced. If your golf cart just doesn’t feel like it runs as fast as it used to, or if you can’t make 9 or 18 holes, then it's probably time to consider replacing them. Now is the time to consider a 48-volt lithium battery pack. With the recent advancements in lithium technology, your next battery choice should be lithium. They offer over 3500 charge cycles which should last more than ten years if properly charged and maintain. No more monthly battery water is needed when using a lithium battery pack. They are pretty much maintenance free except for daily charging after every use.
Allied Lithium Battery offers a wide range of 48V commercial batteries in various amp hours to help you travel the distance you desire. Whether it’s a round of golf daily or around town running errands. Allied offers a 65Ah, 105Ah, 160Ah, and the 210Ah commercial pack with plenty of power to get you through the day. Make sure you choose the appropriate battery size for your daily use.
If space is an issue with your older Club Car DS model car, then try our smaller “Drop In Ready” lithium batteries. These 48V-30Ah batteries are the solution for tight fitting battery compartments. Just like commercial batteries these smaller batteries will fit perfectly where the old batteries use to be and you can add additional batteries for longer drive time if needed.
Talk to your friends and neighbors about their lithium batteries to see what they think. Please feel free to visit Alliedlithium.com for more exciting information and data specs for each of our commercial batteries. Feel free to reach out to me at 561-424-6184 or Steve@dwparts.com